PLEASE REMEMBER TO SCHEDULE THE SHOOT BEFORE YOU HAVE THE BABY.
When do I call to schedule the shoot?
Since babies like to come early or late, just call, email, or text me that you have had the baby and we will schedule the shoot that week. But please remember to call me before you are due to make sure I have availability around your due date.
What is the best age to photograph for the newborn?
Birth-14 days old. If you baby is older than that, please contact me. Please make sure your baby’s circumcision appointment is 5 days before the session date, to make sure everything is all healed.
What to do before the session?
- Keep your baby awake for 2 hours before the session, keep baby awake in the car ride to the studio. – this is SO important so baby will sleep naked and being posed for the whole session.
- Your hands will be shown in photos, so please make sure they are clean and nails are painted or bare and clipped.
- Feed your baby approximately 30 min before the session time to make sure he/she is fully fed and burped.
- If breastfeeding, do not eat dairy 2 days before and day of the session so baby will not be colic.
- If formula feeding, please make sure it is dairy free so baby will not be colic.
What is included in the newborn shoot package?
90 minute to 2 hour session with all edited images on a DVD for printing and a print release form.
Do you provide all of the blankets, backdrops, headbands, beanies and props?
Yes! I provide all of that for you, but you are more than welcome to bring a headband or beanie to use during the photo shoot. But I have plenty to choose from. If you would like to bring a certain prop you can always ask to see if I already have it.
How long is the newborn shoot?
It lasts a minimum 90 minutes to 2 hours. This is because, all newborns are different. Some need more time feeding and some need more time to relax and get into a pose. If you have added a family photo ($40 extra) with other siblings then the time will go over a half hour.
Where is your studio?
My studio is in my home in Mesa, AZ. I charge an additional $35 to travel to your home.
Who is allowed at the shoot?
Mom and Dad are the only ones needed at the shoot for help with some poses and comforting the newborn. Please let me know if you would like another family member to be at the shoot.
How long does it take to receive the photos?
You will receive the photo disc in 2 weeks. If you need your photos sooner than 2 weeks, then you can apply a rush fee for $20. Let me know
What do I need to bring to the shoot?
-extra formula, or plan to nurse
-spit up rag
-diapers and wipes
-thick, warm baby blanket
-pacifier, I prefer the blue/green one they receive in the hospital because this one does not leave marks. (even though they might not take it)
Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. You can contact me using the CONTACT tab at the top.